Elimination of waste, if I look close, what are the excess in my life? What are the excessed in your life?
Also, what are the must haves?
First, looking at excesses, these are things I have eliminated because of the economy and because I can add more value to my life doing these chores.
3. Personal Assistant
4. Concierge (community)
5. Season Tickets (I can always buy a ticket to any game)
6. Fancy dinners
7. Extra car
8. 3rd car or 2nd car for that matter – maybe only one needed, if that?
9. 2nd house or rental (will sell when appropriate)
10. First class flights or the Marquis Jet Card
11. AMEX Platinum Card
12. 5 star hotels and hotel suites
13. Car washes ($20 a pop, come on)
14. Bottled water (billions of plastic bottles wasted)
15. Starbucks Latte’s (the Latte factor)
16. Gym membership (I have gym at Toscana)
17. Lunches (eat when hungry, time created demand)
18. Golf membership (how boring to play the same course)
19. Sailboat (bareboat when you want to sail)
20. Luxury toys (boats, jet skis, skis, 4 wheelers and airplanes – rent when appropriate)
21. 1000 channels of TV – the internet has it now, Google will soon make the internet free
22. Office or employees (I can work from anywhere with my iPhone and MBA and hire contractors)
23. Printers – do we really need to print anything, seems like such a waste
24. Home phone – my cell phone works wonders…
25. Trips to shopping mall.
Things I must have:
2. Friends and Family
7. Public Transportation
12. Clean water
17. A bed (preferably heavenly bed)
18. A chair (preferably my ralph lauren chair)
19. A shower (preferably a heavenly shower)
20. A good pair of running/walking shoes
21. A kitchen – a refrigerator, stove, and sink.
22. A grocery or marketplace
23. A good cookbook or access to one online
25. A passport – see the world!