Fundamental Techniques for Handling People:
* Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
* Give people a feeling of importance; praise the good parts of them.
* Get the other person to want to do what you want them to by arousing their desires.
Six Ways to Make People Like You:
* Be genuinely interested in other people.
* Remember and use people’s names.
* Encourage others to talk about themselves and listen to them.
* Discuss what the other person is interested in.
* Make the other person feel important.
Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking:
* Avoid arguments.
* Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never tell someone they are wrong.
* If you’re wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
* Begin in a friendly way.
* Start with questions the other person will answer yes to.
* Let the other person do the talking.
* Let the other person feel the idea is his.
* Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
* Sympathize with the other person.
* Appeal to noble motives.
* Dramatize your ideas.
* Throw down a challenge.
Nine Ways to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment:
* Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
* Call attention to other people’s mistakes indirectly.
* Talk about your own mistakes first.
* Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
* Let the other person save face.
* Praise every improvement.
* Give them a fine reputation to live up to.
* Encourage them by making their faults seem easy to correct.
* Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.