Business Performance Questions
Answer these questions on a periodic (weekly, monthly) basis. Keep all answers together on one or two pages. Look over all the answers and identify an action plan for yourself and your business.
Management and Me
* What are 5 things have I (we) been procrastinating?
* Where can I (we) be more effective in what I (we) am doing?
* What are the hidden agendas of my boss or partner?
* What are 3 areas in my (our) work must I (we) recommit to?
* For what problems must I (we) ask solutions?
* Looking back over the last year, what things would (we) change?
* What key choices or decisions must I (we) make?
* What are my (our) time wasters?
* In what areas should I (we) obtain more education?
* Where am I or my Company vulnerable?
* If I was Chairman of the Board, what would I do differently?
* In what areas are staff or departments experiencing friction?
* What do we do wrong at work?
* Who needs to be rewarded or recognized for things well done?
* In what areas are goals and objectives not clearly defined?
* What rocks must I (we) roll so my (our) staff and clients can move forward faster?
* What deadlines must I (we) set for others and myself?
* How can I (we) delegate more effectively?
* What needs better maintenance to reduce future firefighting?
* What am I (we) willing to sacrifice for the above actions?
* What prospects, customers, suppliers or staff should I (we) develop more?
* What are some ways to increase cash flow?
* What are some ways to cut costs?
* How can I (we) more accurately measure our profitability?
* What do my (our) clients really want? How can I (we) provide it?
* How can our product mix be improved?
* How can our Unique Selling Proposition and product positioning be improved?
* What are our competitors and industry doing that we must react to?
* How can we improve our marketing, sales and service?
* How can our sales process be improved for higher closure rates?
* How can product quality be improved?
* How can we improve our production control?